Thursday, March 26, 2009

My parents house



These are just a few pictures of my parents home. They have been working on it for almost four years now, and our home- like our family; is a work in progress.
It was supposed to only be "two stories," tall, with a "daylight basement" but due to the high water table in the area, we have a ginormous house of three stories tall.

Walking though the house I am reminded of the many mistakes we have made on in.
The normal observer cannot tell you where the excessive gaps are in our wood flooring, nor can they tell you where the hinges are loose, or the railing is missing a bracket. But I can. I can tell you why our basement is almost a foot higher than anticipated plans, and how much work it was to help build the house.

In spite of our organized chaos, our kitchen is beautiful, is is graced with granite counter tops, a recessed sink and two ovens and a gorgeous range. It is one of my favorite places.

To the outside observer, we may appear to have a home that is whole and complete; yet we are still working on it. I think I know why I have decided to stay in school year-round for the last two years, and why I will be in classes again this spring/summer. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I've never seen the second picture before...that's cool! I like it!

Anonymous said...

Yep. I believe stacy took it.